The following opportunities are provided as information only. The CAC does not sponsor, endorse or recommend any of the following unless specifically stated. Participate at your own risk. To post information, send email to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also see the Plein Air web page for additional painting opportunities.
July 1, 2015 - Application Deadline
Their goal is to commission a sculpture fountain representing a contemporary SHOFAR to showcase the Jewish history at their new Mercy Jewish Kenwood Hospital healing garden, an inclusive, quiet healing space for patients, their families and the health care team.
For more informotion contact Art Committee at HLDovis@mercy.com
June 30, 2015 - Deadline, 10th Annual International Juried Art Competition & Ehibition
Art Kudos is an annual juried competition that serves to recognize and honor excellence in the visual arts. Artists who are selected as finalists benefit from world-wide exposure in an online-only exhibition at www.artkudos.com and have the opportunity to win cash awards for their exemplary work.
Best of Show - $1,200; Second Place - $1,000; Third Place - $750; Founder's Award of Distinction - $500; (3) Merit Awards - $250 each; (3) Honorable Mentions - $100 each.
Open to all artists 18 or older. Eligible media include: acrylics, oils, watercolors, pastels, drawings, printmaking, photography, digital art, sculpture, installations, wood, glass, ceramics, fiber art, and mixed media. Media not accepted: video/film, wearable art (clothing or jewelry).
- $35 for 3 images
- For sculptural or three-dimensional pieces, artists may submit 2 views of each work, total of 6 images
- Awards Judge: Charles Long, Professor of Art at the University of California, Riverside
- Entry Form and details at www.artkudos.com/prospectus
- A list of the artists accepted into the exhibition will be posted online on August 1st
- Award winners will be announced with the Opening on August 15th
August 1, 2015 - Application and Fee Due, Event is Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015
Artists interested in displaying and selling their handmade artwork at the event are welcome to submit an Application. The event will also include artist's booths, beer garden, food trucks, music and fun, as well as food vendors and general entertainment.
For more information on the event activities and schedules, contact Suzanne Sizer at 513-324-7322 or email@example.com
View posts of last year's event on Facebook at Middletown Arts Festival
Show your work at the Mt. Adams Art Walk
Members of the Cincinnati Art Club will have the opportunity to represent the Club at the Mt. Adams Art Walk four times during the year. The Mt. Adams Art Walk is an event that takes place on second Saturdays in spring and fall. Artists display their work on tables in nearly every bar, restaurant, and business establishment in the Mt Adams Business district; and patrons stroll from place to place enjoying art work. The event takes place from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm, rain or shine. A Mount Adams resident named Marcey Bullerman is the organizer and founder of the event, and this is its fourth year.
The Cincinnati Art Club has reserved tables, no wall space, for six artists. The Club will be inside of Longworth's with a sign out front. If you wish to participate as a Club member, please contact Terri Schmitt right away. We would like to have names for April's event by the end of March.
- We are still accepting artists for this event
- Dates are April 11, May 9, September 12, October 10 (all are second Saturdays)
- Artists set up their artwork on tables at Longworth's on St. Gregory Street
- All art is displayed indoors. Longworths will be a sight featuring Cincinnati Art Club artists.
- Cost: $25 per Club member participant, per date
- Money is collected at the event, cash or check payable to Mt. Adams Art Walk
On March 20, and every three months thereafter, Bang & Olufsen Cincinnati will be showcasing the art of our club, giving groups of artists the opportunity to exhibit at the Bang & Olufsen Gallery, located at 6 West Fourth street. This is a commission and fee free event. In addition, we will offer artists a vernissage with refreshments and hors d' oeuvres, also complimentary.
The first show will feature the arts of: Joe Pearce, Joe Stewart, Eileen Mc Conkey and Yvette Mazza. These artists were some of the first to show interest in the event. They will be contacted again separately with more detailed information.
There are over twenty more ready to go. June and September are the next dates and those artists will be notified after the first show starts so they have time to plan accordingly. If for any reason they have prior commitments, others will be chosen to take their place. The December show will be larger, so if you don't get into a four man show you may be called for the December show, albeit with less pieces for you to display.
It will be a pleasure to showcase the art of this great Club again and I hope you will all make a concerted effort to bring guests to promote our Club to the public.
Expired events listed below are for convenient reference.
June 22, 2015 - Submission Deadline
Jurors Denny Griffith, Natalie Marsh and Rose Bouthillier will select the exhibiting artists. Each selected artist will be grouped with one or two other artists to show at ROY G BIV Gallery for one month. Group show proposals will also be accepted. ROY G BIV Gallery is a nonprofit art gallery located in the Short North Arts District of Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1989, ROY is known for presenting innovative contemporary art by emerging artists from around the world.
- To Enter, fill out the entry form at www.roygbivgallery.org
- Email 10-15 images or video links, a resume, list of works and artist's statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission guidelines are listed on www.roygbivgallery.org
- Submit the $25 entry fee either through PayPal or by mailing a check to ROY G BIV Gallery. All entry fees are waived for current ROY members.
ROY G BIV, 997 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43201, 614-297-7694
June 11, 2015 - Deadline
The 2015 Major League All-Star Game is Coming To Our Home Town! Cincinnati Art Galleries, LLC is calling artists to submit work that celebrates the theme of BASEBALL! With this call for entry, their goal is to support local artists by showing work and selling the juried selections.
- Don't miss the deadline, submit photos before June 11, 2015
- Submit up to 3 works for the $25 Entry Fee
- Exhibit Dates: July 11 - August 21, 2015
- To download Entry Form, please visit cincyart.com
Cincinnati Art Galleries is downtown's dealer of 19th to 20th century original American and European oil paintings. The gallery is well known for buying, selling and appraising single items or entire collections. Cincinnati Art Galleries has over 30 years expertise and is member of the Fine Art Dealer's Association of America.
For more information, please see their website at cincyart.com. They can also be reached via phone at 513-381-2128 or email at email@example.com.
Cincinnati Art Galleries, 225 East 6th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
Registration deadline is May 20, Show is July 17, 2015 7-11pm
Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) is holding an art exhibit fundraiser, Lil' Bub's Big Art Show, which will host 150-200 people and be held at Leapin' Lizard in Mainstrasse. Artists are invited to attend and offer their art for sale in any medium. Artists will be provided a space with a table to display their work (more details on space will be provided after May 20). Artists who attend are asked to donate one piece for auction to benefit OAR. If you are unable to attend but would like to donate a piece to help OAR raise funds for homeless cats, the piece will be displayed with your biography and all donations are tax deductible.
- No jury or registration fee
- Artists may bring items for sale (in any medium) that fit in the designated space
- Donated pieces can be delivered to OAR in advance of the show or the day of the show
- Bios with jpegs of your art will be used in marketing materials for the event
- Email intent to participate with a brief bio and jpeg of a representative piece
- Send to Devon Smith, Clinic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event location: Leapin Lizard, 726 Main St, Covington, KY 41011, 859-581-2728
Ohio Alleycat Resource, 5619 Orlando Place, Cincinnati, OH 45227 513-871-0185 www.ohioalleycat.org
Registration Deadline May 20, Exhibit July 20-25, 2015
Artwork to feature the Clermont County Stonelick Covered Bridge
Row House Gallery & Custom Framing presents an art celebration of a restored Clermont County historical icon. Artists are invited to submit an original work of art that reflects either the historic Stonelick Covered Bridge prior to its collapse or the new bridge that will open to the public in mid-April. The new bridge shares the same design as the old one. The Stonelick Covered Bridge is located at 5266 Stonelick Williams Corner Rd., Batavia, Ohio 45103 approximately six miles East of Milford off U.S. Route 50.
- No jury or registration fee
- Artists may submit one piece of art for exhibit and sale
- All sales charged 30% commission
- Art delivery to Row House Gallery July 14 & 15
- Show opening and artists’ reception at the Gallery July 18, 5pm
- Exhibit open during regular Gallery hours 10am to 5pm
- Show closing walk-thru July 25
- Art pick-up for buyers and artists July 25, 4-5pm and July 27-29, 10am to 5pm
- No size restriction, entry must be installation ready
- Email intent to participate to Mary Ward, Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Download Call For Artists document at RHG_StonelickBridge_ArtistsCall.pdf
- For more information call 513-831-7230 or visit www.RowHouse.com
Row House Gallery & Custom Framing, 211 Main Street, Milford, Ohio 45150
Entries due May 13 & 14 (Digital Entries due May 5)
Exhibit Date is May 21 – June 26, 2015
The 2015 juried show is coming soon and we are excited to announce some great changes! The exhibit will be juried by Patrick Mauk who will choose the exhibit and the awards. Photography is included in the mediums and award premiums have been increased. We also have 2 ways to enter! A digital process and the traditional carry in.
- Artist may submit up to 3 entries, $25 for PCAA members and $30 for non-members with a limit of 5 at $5 for additional entries
- Digital Entires due May 5, In-person drop offs on May 13, 1-5pm and May 14 from 1-8pm
- Reception: Thursday, May 21, 5-7pm, Awards announced at 6pm
- Entry forms are available at www.takepartinart.net
- Call the Art Center for additional information at 937-456-3999 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view the prospectus, click here
Preble County Arts Association, 601 Hillcrest Drive, Eaton, Ohio 45320
ADC, Art Design Consultants, Inc. proudly sponsors Art Comes Alive (ACA), an annual fine art contest and exhibit that awards the brightest and best artists working in North America, in a variety of categories. It is a great opportunity for artists to be acknowledged for their talents, gain exposure by meeting industry leaders and win purchase awards and gallery contracts.
This year we have over $175,000 in awards to give out to artists.
Awards include: purchase awards, cash prizes, solo exhibitions, gallery contracts, publishing contracts, promotional contracts in prestigious art publications such as artblend, Art Business News, Blink Art Resource! and more.
- Deadline for Entries: Sunday, May 3 at Midnight
- Artists may submit up to four images of work
- Results Announced: May 18
- Artwork selected for exhibit: June 12
- Opening Night Awards Ceremony & Gala: June 20
- Exhibit Closes: July 24
Art Comes Alive is all about celebrating artists and their talent. For more information please visit our website at http://adcfineart.com/selling-artists-works. If you have questions about ACA or the application process, please contact Elizabeth Davis, Gallery Director, at Elizabeth@adcfineart.com or 513-723-1222.
Online submissions accepted until April 27, 2015 by Midnight
Show runs from June 6 - July 12, 2015
There are no limits to summer and there are so many things to enjoy: the solstice, fireworks, beautiful and natural colors, sparklers, fires, perfect weather, and so much more. Show us what sparks your creativity this summer. All mediums encouraged.
- Artists are invited to submit up to two pieces
- Entry fee: $25, no cost for members of the Kennedy Artists Collective
- Email a completed entry form and jpeg images to email@example.com
- All digital images must use a minimum resolution of 300dpi
- Label images with last name and title of work
- Artists will be notified of acceptance the week of May 4, 2015
- All accepted work must be professionally presented and ready to install
- Artwork must be delivered during the week of May 26-30, 2015
- Artists responsible for delivery and removal of work
- Opening reception will be held Saturday, June 6, 6-9pm
- Application Form and Payment options: www.kennedyarts.org/Content/Exhibitions/Call-for-Entries
- For more information, call 513-631-4278
Kennedy Heights Arts Center, 6546 Montgomery Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45213 kennedyarts.org
The Greater Milford Area Historical Society (GMAHS) 2015 Call to Artists
The 10th Annual Art Affaire is moving to Main Street in historic Milford, Ohio
- Application deadline is April 17, 2015
- Outdoor Show that will be held on a three-block closed section of Main Street in historic Milford, Ohio
- Saturday, September 26 (11am to 5pm), there is no rain date
- Show is Juried
- Submit up to 10 (minimum of 4) high-resolution digital images of artwork
- Images and corresponding caption list should to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the Call to Artists Application and Information
Please carefully review all of the details in the Art Affaire document. We have tried to anticipate your questions; however, don’t hesitate to contact Mary Ward, Artist Coordinator, at email@example.com with any issues on the Art Affaire application process.
Note: If you received Best of Show or first or second place in your category at the 2014 Art Affaire, the jury fee for you is waived; however, you are still required to submit images.
Note: Applications will be reviewed as long as space or category balancing allow. For best opportunity of acceptance, apply by the April 17 deadline.
The next art show at Christ Church Cathedral’s downtown Gallery South will celebrate artists’ special ability to share the beauty of the natural world with our busy, distracted society.
We are asking for your visual statements about scenes that are places of the heart for you — places that draw you back again and again. Or for art that demonstrates your ability to look at the seemingly ordinary and see colors, energy and beauty that most people would miss. Or, quite simply, for art that gave you great joy in the creation.
Gallery South is in a church, so naturally we are drawn to art that speaks in a spiritual way. But this is not a liturgical call. We’re looking for spirit as you see it, feel it and define it.
Gallery South is a big, beautifully lit and highly visible space at the corner of Sycamore Ave. and 4th St. We offer artists excellent exposure and no gallery fees. Hundreds of people come through the church every week for services, lectures, concerts and other gatherings. Scores of artists have shown work here since we started the program a year ago, and our sales are growing slowly but steadily.
- The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, April 7, 2015
- Spirit of Place will run from Mid-April to Mid-June, details TBD
- Please email a list of offerings with title, size and medium, plus a jpg of each
- Email to Gallery Curator, Mike Phillips, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All media accepted including photography
- There are no size restrictions, but we can’t guarantee that glass, especially big glass, won’t break
Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18, 2015
At the Mayerson JCC in Amberly Village
Petcasso is a two-day art show and sale benefiting Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati. The event will showcase up to 30 carefully-selected local artists and vendors, representing a wide variety of mediums and styles.
Art does not have to be pet or animal-themed.
Last year's inaugural event was very well-received and attended and this year's event promises to be even better. Your participation will not only provide you with an excellent opportunity to sell and promote your art to a varied audience, it will also support a great cause.
- Applications must be received by Sunday, April 4, 2015
- Notifications emailed no later than Friday, April 9
- Preview Party, Sat, Oct. 17 - 6:30-10:00pm
Invitation-only Crowd of 200+ Expected
- Open to the Public, Sun, Oct. 18 - Noon-4:00pm
- New for 2015! People's Choice Awards
Five Cash Prizes totaling $1,000 will be awarded
- Artist Application and Information contains all of the details
Pets In Need of Greater Cincinnati, 520 W. Wyoming Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45215
- Juried Art Competition
- Lisa Hanover - CEO Michener Art Museum
- Mark Daly - American Impressionist
- Christine Drewyer - Pres. Women Artists of the West
- Lindsey Stevenson - Temple University - Tyler School of Art
- Description: Paintings of all mediums are welcome. No size restrictions. No date restrictions. No Submission Fees. No Entry Fee. No limit to the number of entries.
- Prizes: First place $1500, Second $1000, Third $500
- All art must be for sale: Gallery commission 40%
- Submission Window: February 9 to March 22, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: March 27
- Drop Off: April 3, 10am to 5pm
- Show opens April 10 through April 19.
Reception for artists and their guests - April 10, 6 to 8pm
Live music, refreshments and Valet parking
- Pick up: April 20 10am to 3pm
- Submission requirements:
- Each entry must be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Each entry must be a 300 dpi jpeg
- Each entry must include the medium, size and sale price
- Accepted entries delivered to: Rich Timmons Fine Art Gallery, 3795 Route 202, Dtown, PA 18902
- Payment for all sales May 15
Additional opportunities are listed below.
A monthly e-journal for critical thinking, review and reflective prose on contemporary visual art in Greater Cincinnati. Find Announcements and Call For Artists here.
Artavita is a very large art portal, a free website created for artists to promote themselves and sell their art, at no cost, with no commissions. Artavita offers artists a free profile page on which to display portfolios of unlimited works and collections. Artists who join can update their profile: bios, images, titles and personal information at any point they like.
Find an extensive list of Call For Artists at this website in addition to other helpful information for artists such as workshops, websites, and supplies, etc.
Artshow.com, 1820 Peachtree Street NW #615, Atlanta, GA 30309
ART OPPORTUNITIES MONTHLY (AOM)
The professional Artist’s guide to Calls For Art, Juried Shows, Public Art Commissions, Grants and more.
Art Opportunities Monthly is the leading calls-for-artists publication for professional artists. It is delivered directly by e-mail each month as an easy-to-search PDF. $30/year for the personal edition.
ARTS RELATED JOBS IN CINCINNATI
Founded in 1927, (Fine Arts Fund) ArtsWave helps create the kind of thriving arts environment that makes the Cincinnati region a better place to live, work, play, and stay. Check this website weekly for job openings.
The Arts Wave, Creating Community through the Arts, 20 East Central Parkway, Suite 200, Cincinnati, OH 45202
A SINGULAR CREATION (ASC)
A Singular Creation is a free online art community that promotes and showcases all types of art and artists. We provide everything that an artist or photographer would want in a community. Find Featured Art Contests - Competitions - Juried Exhibitions - Artists' Opportunities - Art Tips - Art Forums - Art Links.
CINCINNATI MAGAZINE - MADE WITH PASSION
If you're an artist with an interesting and compelling story, we'd like to feature your art on Made With Passion. Please visit our website and fill out a submission online.
CINCINNATI STATE - EVENDALE, OHIO
Display your artwork in the new Board Room. They have a professional hanging system from Walker Display. You can leave your business cards and people can contact the artist directly for any sales. If interested, please contact Bonnie Jones, Operation Manager.
Workforce Development, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, 10100 Reading Road, Evendale, OH 45241
ESSEX STUDIOS - ART WALKS
2015 Art Walk Weekends: April 17 - 18, October 2 - 3, November 6 - 7, December 4 - 5
Friday and Saturdays, 6:00-11:00pm both nights.
The Art Walk costs $50 for the entire weekend and no commission will be taken on artwork sold. Artists must submit 3-5 images to the Essex Studios Review Panel for acceptance into the show. Contact Jared Queen, Marketing Director.
essexstudios.com/artwalk online application
FINDLAY MARKET INTERNET CAFE - SOLO SHOWS
If you would like to have a month long show at the Internet Cafe located in the heart of Findlay Market in Cincinnati, Ohio, please contact Cheryl Eagleson, Marketing Director for the Corporation for Findlay Market to see which months are available. There is no rental charge and no commissions are taken on sales. You must make your own arrangements for sales between you and your buyer.
513-665-4839, Ext 11
MAPLE KNOLL VILLAGE - MAIN STREET GALLERY
Our new art show committee is anxious to review work for group and individual shows. If you have work that is posted on the internet, fantastic - point us to the address. If you have photos of several pieces, please send copies if you would like to show and sell your art. You can spread the word to fellow artists as well. In the coming months we have been invited to speak at a couple clubs in Cincinnati in an effort to publicize the space and need. All work hung at Maple Knoll Village must be offered for sale.
The Main Street Gallery at Maple Knoll will begin hanging shows about every 6 weeks. We would like to review work, for immediate consideration send information to Megan Gresham via email or mail to her office which will be shared with committee members.
Maple Knoll Communities, 11100 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
MELT ECLECTIC DELI - SHOWS
Melt Eclectic Deli is looking for artists to display their work in quarterly shows in their popular restaurant in Cincinnati's hip Northside area. Please send info, images, and/or questions to Melissa Mitchell.
OHIO ARTS COUNCIL
The Ohio Arts Council is the place to find Individual Artist Grants and Services/Percent for Art. We recommend you check this link often.
Ohio Arts Council, 727 E Main Street, Columbus, Ohio 43205-1796 Direct: 614/728-6140 Fax: 614/466-4494
SHARONVILLE FINE ARTS GALLERY - MONTHLY SHOWS
Opened in 2009, the Sharonville Fine Arts Center is located at 11165 Reading Road in the heart of historic downtown Sharonville, Ohio (Cincinnati area). The center features a broad
range of visual and performing arts. The gallery represents a wide range of artists in various price ranges and styles in a relaxed setting. If you are interested in having an exhibit, e-mail Leslie Schmidt or Sue Koetz and please include digital selections of your work.
UNITED STATES MINT
Artistic Infusion Program - Your art on coins.
ZAPP is a one-stop, universal online application system that allows artists to upload high-resolution digital images of their artwork and apply to participating art shows, festivals, and fairs.